Sunday, October 18, 2009

What I've Been Listening To...

Firstly, apologies are in order for missing Robbie Tuesday. Was tres busy with uni work and considering I have exams coming up, don't expect an update until after November 11.

However, here is a quick run down on what I have been currently bingeing on music wise:

Air- The Virgin Suicides. Fantastic. Breathy, macabre and all round brilliance

Bat For Lashes- Two Suns. After falling in love with 'Daniel' and 'Sleep Alone', I decided I needed to get my paws on the rest of the album. Sister said it was 'a bit Bjork'. I'd say it's like a middle ground of Goldfraap's 'Supernature' and '7th Tree'. Really enjoyed it, but deserves multiple listens to take it all in.

The Noisettes- Wild Young Hearts. Don't expect disco anthems like 'Don't Upset the Rhythm' like I did. However, I actually found myself really enjoying this album. The singer reminds me of Amy Winehouse but less grating and the songs are very catchy indeed.

Empire of the Sun: I had high hopes for this one considering I love their singles. Unfortunately, the album for me is a bit of a letdown. Starts off great, but goes into 'bizarro' territory in the middle. May re-visit it though.

Little Boots- Hands. Praise be to the Little Boots! Fantastic pop album. 'Symmetry' in particular blows my mind.

C'est tout!

No comments: