Saturday, May 3, 2008

James Blunt @ Ent Cent 3 May

The first time I saw James Blunt live was at The Hordern Pavillion in 2006. Well actually, it was his performance at MTV AVAMA's, (but that's another story!). I was unsure of what to expect of him live, but after that evening, I came away a fully fledged fan.
So it was with absolute excitement that I entered the Ent Cent at 7:58pm, clutching my tickets and praying that I wouldn't fall over in my heels.
The support act was Gabriella Cilmi (of "Sweet About Me" fame). I had been listening to her record for two/three weeks now, before knowing she was booked for the show. Her record is good, some strong tracks, some forgettable ones. As a live performer, she's good, but a little lazy. She performed about 6 songs, including a cover of JT"s "Cry Me A River". Katerina noted, along with myself, that she seems to wear the same standard outfit for every appearance. Hmmmm...
The Blunt was brilliant. He played for around 2 hrs (including a 3 song encore). All the favourites were there- "Give Me Some Love", "You're Beautiful" and "Goodbye My Lover" among some of them. Personal highlights were "Coz I Love You" ( a cover of the Slade classic, which he also had in his 06 show. Since that show, I've had a wonderful affair with the song, and I'm so glad I recorded his version). and "Annie" ("This is a song about a very naughty girl" Me: "OMG!!! YES!!!)
Although I did wish he would have put in "Where is My Mind" and "Fall At Your Feet", I'm glad he covered most of the songs off "All The Lost Souls", because it truly is a brilliant record.
In short, Jimmy was a blast. :)
Crap pics and video will be up shortly.

No comments: