The most wonderful time of the year....
Aaah, the Logie Awards. TV's night of nights. I *heart* it, not simply for it's un-Hollywood slickness that covers most awards ceremonies (we keep it real.) but simply because it is the only time we get to celebrate the best and worst of Aussie TV. I don't care what anyone says, I love it and will defend it to the end.
Let's get on with it then, shall we?
Red carpet started off brilliantly with Kylie's "Wow" being played. And then got progressively cheesier from there. Noticed a lot of off the shoulder/grecian style dresses and canary yellow seemed to be the in colour. Also, lots of black and white.
Best Dressed: hmmm...Megan Gale or Kate Ritchie, although my little sister described it as having "thrown a curtain on her and brishing her hair nice"
Georgie Parker..basic black but me likey. But there was no scrunchie! What's with that, Georgie, hmmm?!?!?
Worst Dressed: Jordi Gordon, hands down. Metallic tutu?!?!!? WTF. I didn't see Susan Eleman's outfit (was she even there?) I also wasn't feeling Natalie Blair's outfit. The hair ruined it for me. Michelle Bridges (trainer from the Biggest Loser) could have done without her wings. Andrew O'Keefe and his angry gold jacket.
Honourable mention: Rove's suit was classy, Mafia style. Jason Coleman...I have no words for you. Rhys, to stilletos on men, Australia says no.
With 50 years of the Tv Week Logie Awards, I was expecting clips and montages aplenty. Instead, I found this years show to be the most entertaining out of any of the previous awards that I've watched. The show started with the top 10 from So You Think You Can Dance, who did an amazing job with "Don't Hold Back"
And yes, Jack was the shit and proved worthy of his title of "Australia's favourite dancer"
Couple of highlights/lowlights/lights:
-In lieu of clips and montages, they asked a bunch of stars questions like "Favourite Logie moment?" "Who do you associate with the Logies?" and "ever witnessed a controversial moment at the Logies?" Hilarious! Best part was the random dancing to the Veronicas' "Untouched". Loved it! If there's a link on youtube, I'll post it.
- When Binid Irwin won.
Me: I'll eat my slipper if she wins.
Me: *spazz face* Oh shit.
- Hamish and Andy backstage.
- Adam Hills' reading his acceptance speech when his jokes fell flat.
-Patti Newton!!! and Ding Dong Drysdale!!!
- Danni Minogue and the ladies from Kath and Kim. I was loving myself sick.
- Mr G's performance. I was freaking out hardcore and my parents thought I was retarded. Actually, they thought I was retarded before this, but my reaction just solidifed it for them.
Screw it, any time Chris Lilley won. Twas brill.
- Stephen Curry's speech after winning "Most Outstanding Actor" for "The King." Totally deserved it!
- Rove winning "Most Popular Presenter" for the 6th time in a row. I was jumping up and down with joy! Or something similar to that feeling. RF and Ro have decided that they should officially rename the award "The Rove McManus award for Most Popular Presenter" Oh, and him checking his fly and deciding to announce to it to the audience.
- Sonia Kruger totally hating on HER OWN SHOW!! I love her/I hate her, I can't get enough of the Krug.
-"Australian Story: Some Meaning in This Life" winning and the ensuing beautiful speech by the team. Total silence in the auditorium. Though, I'm a little perturbed that Rove wasn't thanked. No biggie, but still....
- Daryl Sommers final hoorah.
"Maybe we should bring Hey Hey back?"
- Peter Helliar as "Strauchnie" and giving Ch 9 a battering onstage with Eddie McGuire.
-Any mention of the Chaser boys.
-And for that, any Todd McKenney jokes.
- Andrew Denton and his 101:1 odds of winning.
- The lack of crappy American tv stars. Thank God!!!!
- Kate winning gold. Hapy endings for all.
And now the full list of winners (from the Hearld Sun site):
Gold Logie - Most Popular Personality on TV:Kate Ritchie (Home and Away)
Silver Logie - Most Popular Actress:Kate Ritchie (Home and Away)
Silver Logie - Most Popular Actor:Chris Lilley (Summer Heights High)
Most Popular Light Entertainment Program: Kath & Kim
Most Popular Presenter:Rove McManus (Rove / Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?)
Most Popular Sports Program:The Footy Show AFL
Most Popular New Female Talent: Bindi Irwin (The Jungle Girl)
Most Popular New Male Talent: Lincoln Lewis (Home and Away)
Most Popular Reality Program:Dancing With The Stars
Most Popular Factual Program:Bondi Rescue
Most Popular Lifestyle Program:Better Homes and Gardens
Most Popular Australian Drama:Home And Away
MOST OUTSTANDING AWARDS
Silver Logie - Most Outstanding Drama Series, Miniseries or Telemovie: Curtin
Silver Logie - Most Outstanding Actor:Stephen Curry (The King)
Silver Logie - Most Outstanding Actress:Alison Whyte (Satisfaction)
Most Outstanding News Coverage:Garuda Plane Crash
Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report:Some Meaning In This Life: Belinda Emmett
Most Outstanding Documentary:Constructing Australia: The Bridge
Most Outstanding Factual Series:Choir of Hard Knocks
Most Outstanding Comedy Program:Summer Heights High
Most Outstanding Sports Coverage:Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
Most Outstanding Children's Program:Lockie Leonard
Graham Kennedy Award for Most Outstanding New Talent:Tammy Clarkson (The Circuit)
Hall of Fame:John Clarke
(Apologies for the lack of pictures. I'm too scurred to put any up re: legalities)