All credit to coldplaying message board. Thought I would post my choices here too.
5. Lost!: Instant for me. The hip-hop beats, the way the song grows and its message. Fantastic. The acoustic version scores points as well.
4. Strawberry Swing: Makes me think about a beautiful summer's day, rolling around on the grass. Great video and they pull it off live.
3. Prospekt's March/Poppyfields: love the mysterious, weary vocals and how it grows into the climatic ending.
2. Lovers in Japan (Osaka Sun Mix): chose this as I think Reign of Love is a weak point and this mix adds something different. The song is beautiful too- make sme sort of nostalgic for a place I've never been too and a time I've never had. Double points for the video.
1. Viva La Vida: a career turning point. By far, one of the best songs from them. Looking back on 2008, this song defines that year and is definately one of the best songs this decade. Everything from the narrative, the violins and the church bell sounds majestic. Shame the vid lets it down.
Lhuna: Yes, I'm biased, but it was so lovely to hear this duet. Sort of like 'Where the Wild Roses Grow' but less macabre. Love both Chris and Kylie's vocals.
Life in Technicolor ii: Massive singalong! And the video wins points for creative genius.
Glass of Water: Rock hard, rock long.
Lovers in Japan Acoustic: I get a bit teary eyed for some reason. Love this interpretation.